The right choice of glass can dramatically increase the energy performance of your property. Whether you need to achieve a specific U Value for a SAP calculation; capture solar energy (g value) and reduce your carbon footprint; or are looking for functionality and style, we manufacture a range of glass units to suit your specification.
Your first choice for environmental performance
Our glass units can be manufactured using a variety of glass types, configurations, gas in-fills and spacer bars to give a range of performances that can capture or reflect heat, light and energy to varying degrees dependent on the specification required. In fact the energy required to heat or cool the property can be reduced by up to 20% - a marketable end user benefit for life!
Our window ranges have both British Fenestration Rating Council and ‘Energy Saving Recommended’ accreditations and are guaranteed against failure for 10 years.
This means our windows can give a U Value performance between 1.7 & 1.4 and BFRC energy ratings of C to A as standard. But as the industry moves closer to the Government legislated carbon neutrality by 2016, the use of alternative glass coatings, gas in-fills and glass unit configurations will increase.
Low E Pilkington glass used within the glass unit and Argon gas work in conjunction to provide a balance of U & G values. We can manufacture windows that meet the requirements of the Pilkington Energikare Scheme, or a Code Level requirement or industry specification requiring a more rigorous performance.
Other options include:
- Annealed, toughened or laminated glass
- Acoustic glazing
- Duralite or coloured spacer bars
- 18mm & 25mm Horizontal, Vertical, Double Vertical, Cross, Grid and Sunburst within unit bars
- Horizontal, Vertical, Double Vertical, Cross, Grid & Sunburst silver Duplex in unit bars
- 20mm & 28mm ‘stick on’ bars to internal or external face (22mm for Vertical Sliding Sash windows)
- Diamond or Square lead
- Obscurities, patterns and colours on application.